Mary Boone has written 60+ nonfiction books for kids ages 5 to 14 on topics ranging from entomophagy to great inventors to recycling.
How Does an Idea Become a Book?
SAVE THE PLANET
WHAT DO YOU WONDER?
BUGS FOR BREAKFAST
Mary Boone has ridden an elephant, solved puzzles on 'Wheel of Fortune,' and eaten bug kabobs -- all in the name of research for her nonfiction books. Five fun facts about Mary:
1. She lives in a 120-year-old house in Washington state.
2. She studied journalism at the University of Iowa and worked for newspapers in Iowa and Illinois.
3. She's run nine marathons.
4. She has a husband, two kids, and an Airedale terrier named Ruthie Bader.
5. She can't remember a time when she didn't want to be a writer.