Mary Boone has written 50+ nonfiction books for kids ages 5 to 14 on topics ranging from entomophagy to great inventors to recycling.
SAVE THE PLANET
WHAT DO YOU WONDER?
BUGS FOR BREAKFAST
Mary Boone has ridden an elephant, solved puzzles on 'Wheel of Fortune,' and eaten bug kabobs -- all in the name of research for her nonfiction books. Five fun facts about Mary:
1. She lives in a 120-year-old house in Washington state.
2. She studied journalism at the University of Iowa and worked for newspapers in Iowa and Illinois.
3. She's run nine marathons.
4. She has a husband, two kids, and an Airedale terrier named Ruthie Bader.
5. She can't remember a time when she didn't want to be a writer.